Canvas Reading List
Course reserves can be managed through the Canvas Reading List Tool.
The Canvas Reading List Tool:
- Allows you to search the library catalog within Canvas, where you can add books and electronic resources to your Reading List with the click of a button.
- Automatically notifies the library when a physical item is added to your list and needs to be pulled and placed in the reserves section.
- Can be quickly accessed by students, who see all materials in one place, and can mark items as read to keep track of their progress.
No-cost course materials
You can also add links to no-cost course materials and open educational resources to the Reading List. Tisch offers a variety of services to support using no-cost course materials, including:
- assisting in locating materials that are free for students to use
- providing financial support for the time required to create or incorporate no-cost material into a syllabus
- visiting your department or hosting a workshop to talk about using & creating these materials
New for Fall 2023, we also have a list for students of required textbooks available as ebooks at Tisch. If you'd like assistance in determining if the library has or can purchase an unlimited user ebook copy of a text so that your class can access it at no cost, get in touch with your liaison librarian.
Films and streaming video
If a streaming version is not available, we can place a DVD copy on Reserve for your course, or you can schedule an in-person screening. Please reach out to us with any questions.
Requests or assistance
If you need more assistance or would like an in-person demonstration of the Canvas Reading List tool, please contact:
- Tisch Reserve (Tisch Library)
- Lauren Kimball-Brown (SMFA Library)
- Julie-Ann Bryson (Lilly Music Library)
For assistance with your Canvas site, contact email@example.com.