- Register for an Alum account
- Access to databases
- Borrow materials from Tisch, Lilly, and the SMFA
- Using Interlibrary Loan as an alum
- Accessing your thesis or dissertation
- Additional resources
As a Tufts alum, you’ll be able to continue using many library resources.
Register for an Alum account
You can register for your alum library account by by emailing our staff in Access Services, or visiting the information desk at at Tisch Library with your Tufts ID or another form of photo ID. Your graduation from Tufts will need to be verified, and once you are registered, your alum account will be valid for 2 years, and can be renewed.
See our Loan & renewal periods page to find out more about what you can borrow with an alumni account.
Access to databases
Register with the Tufts Alumni Online Community to access a selection of databases.
The databases you can access include:
- ABI/INFORM Research
- ACLS Humanities Ebooks (American Council of Learned Societies)
- Annual Reviews
- Chicago Manual of Style
- Confidential Print: Africa, 1834-1966
- Confidential Print: Middle East, 1839-1969
- CQ Press
- Dissertations and Theses @Tufts
- e-Duke Scholarly Collection
- Empire Online
- Foreign Office Files for the Middle East, 1971-1981
- The Grand Tour
- Henry Stewart Talks: Business & Management Collection
- Naxos Music Library
- Ovid MEDLINE
- Project Muse
- Sage Journals Online
- SAGE Knowledge
- Women Writer's Project
- World Shakespeare Bibliography
Please note: E-book and streaming media (audio/video) access is limited for alumni due to licensing agreements. We recommend contacting your local public library for your e-book needs.
Borrow materials from Tisch, Lilly, and the SMFA
You will be able to borrow books and scores for 28 days, CDs and DVDs for 14 days. Use JumboSearch to browse our collection.
Alumni can’t borrow material through Interlibrary Loan at Tufts. You may be able to use Interlibrary Loan services at your local public library.
Accessing your thesis or dissertation
You can access Tufts Masters and PhD candidates’ theses and dissertations through Tufts Digital Library.
Access remote research support by chat, phone, or email.
Request a consultation with a librarian.