Both Tisch and SMFA libraries provide access to DVDs and streaming films.
The SMFA Library's browsable DVD collection includes art documentaries, experimental film and animation, and classic feature films.
To locate films in our collections:
- Use JumboSearch to look up the title, director, or starring actor(s) of the film.
- You can limit your JumboSearch results to Video Recordings using the "Resource Type" filter on the left side of the results list (if there are a lot of results, you may have to select Show More to see the Video Recordings option).
- You can also browse our physical DVD collections in person on the Main Floor (Level 2) of Tisch Library, and at the SMFA library.
The libraries provide access to a variety of streaming film and videos through several platforms. These platforms often include videos on a wide range of topics, and you can search for specific films or browse subject- or genre-based collections of both documentaries and feature films. We encourage you to explore the major platforms available through Tisch Library, which include:
- Alexander Street Video Online
- Ambrose Video
- Digital Theatre Plus
- Swank Digital Campus
- World Geography & Culture Online
- JoVE, the Journal of Visualized Experiments
- Note: We also have some streaming video resources in the Tufts Digital Library, and Tufts sports are streamed live and archived by JumboCast.
Please note you might need to connect to the VPN to access streaming media off-campus.
Using film in class
If a streaming version is not available, we can place a DVD copy on Reserve for your course, or you can schedule an in-person screening. Please reach out to us with any questions.