"Tufts is a student-centered research university dedicated to the creation and application of knowledge" -- Tufts University Mission Statement, 2013
Tisch Library and its branches, the Lilly Music Library and the W. Van Alan Clark, Jr. Library at the SMFA, embrace Tufts University's mission wholeheartedly. The goals below provide a framework to more effectively integrate library support into the university's pursuit of its mission.
- Enable Deeper Learning: Help students and faculty develop and hone information literacy skills to navigate the dynamic information landscape and contribute to knowledge in all its forms.
- Facilitate Scholarship: Bring the world's scholarship to Tufts and Tufts' scholarship to the world.
- Invest in People: Inspire all library staff--as stakeholders in our strategic plan--to learn, grow, and contribute to the success of our shared mission.
- Create Inspiring Spaces: Provide welcoming, inspirational, accessible, flexible, and sustainable library spaces that promote learning and scholarship.
To meet the challenge of being both student-centered and research-focused, we are committed to these priorities:
- Lead the university by integrating opportunities for the development of critical information skills across the student experience
- Provide resources and guidance for learning and student scholarship
- Collaborate with the other Tufts libraries to deliver resources and services to support the faculty's research agenda
The staff of Tisch Library and its branches value community, curiosity and learning, openness, and social justice.