How to Place Items on Reserve
The Canvas Reading List Tool:
- Allows you to search the library catalog within Canvas, where you can add ebooks and electronic resources like online journal articles, streaming films, and streaming audio files to your Reading List with the click of a button.
- Can be quickly accessed by students, who see all materials in one place, and can mark items as read to keep track of their progress.
If the Library does not provide electronic access to a resource you would like to use, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to purchase electronic versions if available; please be advised that there are some items we will not be able to purchase. If an electronic version of an item is not available, library staff can consult with you to potentially locate acceptable alternatives. If you have any questions about course reserves, please contact our reserves team at email@example.com.
Tisch Library’s Streaming Media service is still able to stream films for your courses via Canvas. Please send any streaming requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need more assistance or would like an in-person demonstration of the Canvas Course Reading List Tool, please contact our reserves team at email@example.com or:
- Lauren Kimball-Brown (SMFA Library)
- Julie-Ann Bryson (Lilly Music Library)
- Allison Faeth (Tisch Library)
For assistance with your Canvas site, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Library staff are working remotely to find new ways to support online courses. Our course reserves, streaming media, library instruction, and research support services are all available online while our buildings are closed. During the fall semester, Tisch, Lilly, and SMFA Libraries course reserves will be online only.