How to Place Items on Reserve
Course reserves can be managed through the Canvas Reading List Tool (preferred) or by filling out the online reserves form.
The Canvas Reading List Tool:
- Allows you to search the library catalog within Canvas, where you can add books and electronic resources to your Reading List with the click of a button.
- Automatically notifies the library when a physical item is added to your list and needs to be pulled and placed in the reserves section.
- Can be quickly accessed by students, who see all materials in one place, and can mark items as read to keep track of their progress.
To request streaming video for your Canvas course site, please make your request via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need more assistance or would like an in-person demonstration of the Canvas Course Reading List Tool, please contact:
- Lauren Kimball-Brown (SMFA Library)
- Julie-Ann Bryson (Lilly Music Library)
- Allison Faeth (Tisch Library)
For assistance with your Canvas site, contact email@example.com
Prior to the start of the new semester, we send faculty an email reminding them that it is time for them to begin planning for their reserves for the upcoming semester.
- For best results, send in your requests for pysical items to be placed on reserve as early as possible to allow for processing time.
- There will be delays in filling reserve requests for materials that are currently unavailable (checked out, we don’t own it, etc.).
- Once the semester has started, we will fill new requests for reserves as soon as we can, in the order that we receive them.
Different Locations: Tisch Circulation, Music Library & SMFA Library
- Books and DVDs are at the Tisch Library
- Music (scores, CDs, LPs) is at the Music Library
- SMFA items are at the SMFA Library