We have libraries conveniently located on all of our campuses at Tufts.
The Hirsh Health Sciences Library is located on the Boston Campus.
The W. Van Alan Clark, Jr. Library is located on the Boston-Fenway Campus.
The Webster Family Library is located on the Grafton Campus.
Tisch Library, Lilly Music Library, and Ginn Library are all located on the Medford Campus.
All Tufts libraries, except the Hirsh Health Sciences Library, are open to the public. Tufts students, faculty members, alumni and staff can borrow or request items from any Tufts Library.
Borrowing & requesting materials
If you can't visit in person, you can request items from any Tufts library through JumboSearch, and pick them up at the library of your choice.
- Search for the item you want to request in JumboSearch. Click on the title to see the item’s details.
- Scroll down to the yellow box that says “Sign in for all requesting options.” Log in using your Tufts username and password.
- After logging in, you will now be able to see “Request item” listed next to “Request options.” Click on the “Request Item” link.
- Select the library where you want to pick up the item, and provide any other information on the form as needed. Once you’re finished, click “Request.”
- Your request will now be sent to the library. Once the item is ready for you to collect from the information desk of your selected pick-up library, you will receive an email notification.
Materials not available for borrowing from other Tufts libraries
You can’t request Course Reserves books, reference books, journals, and equipment such as cameras, tripods, laptops, and chargers.
Borrowing items already checked out
If you place a request for an item that is already checked out, you will be notified when the item is returned and becomes available.
Don't want to wait for an item to be returned? You can always place an Interlibrary Loan request to borrow the item from a library outside of Tufts.