The Tufts Digital Humanities Network is excited to announce a short series of Lunch and Share events. Each event will allow those who are interested in digital humanities (DH) work to network and chat about their projects. We will gather together for brief informal presentations of a DH project and then have time for discussion.
- Who: Anyone interested in digital humanities (faculty, students, and staff)
- What: Informal presentations and discussions of digital humanities projects
- Where: Tisch Library, Room 223
- When: Friday, December 10
- Why: To network and learn more about digital humanities projects
While we won't be eating together indoors, light snacks will be provided for takeaway.
For the final lunch and share of the Fall 2021 semester, Anna Kijas will facilitate a workshop focused on encoding music notation and text. You will be introduced to music encoding concepts and approaches from the Music Encoding Initiative (MEI) through projects and use-cases. We will engage with MEI XML in a hands-on exercise that will introduce you to the basic MEI structure and components. If you have a musical work that you are interested in encoding, please bring it to the workshop. Beginners are welcome! No experience with XML or MEI is necessary.
Questions? Contact the series organizers Jake Perl, Chelcie Juliet Rowell, and Micah Saxton.