1st Step: Search the catalog
Find the location of what you'd like to check out in JumboSearch.
If you're interested in borrowing equipment, you don't need to look it up. Laptops, chargers, ipads, cameras, hard drives, audio recorders, microphones, and other equipment can be borrowed at the front desk.
2nd Step: Navigate to the item's location
- The Music Library is down the hill from Tisch. You don't need to be a music major to use this library.
- The SMFA Library is in Boston. You can use JumboSearch to request that an item be sent to Tisch for pickup.
- Tisch Book Stacks are on the first floor, arranged by call number. Help is available in the form of floorplans. Or you can just ask us for help.
- Tisch Reserves are available through your Canvas course site.
- Tisch Oversize, Reference, DVD Collections, Current Periodicals, Microforms and Folio are on the second (main) floor of the library. Ask us for help if you can't find one of these items.
- Tisch Bound Periodicals can be found on the G level, or use our Scan & Deliver service to have an article from this collection sent to you.
3rd Step: Check out the item at a desk. What you'll need:
If you're a Tufts student, faculty, or staff member, bring your Tufts ID to the front desk.
You are responsible for any items checked out using your library account; it is not recommended that you check out materials on someone else's behalf. We are happy to hold items for up to 48 hours if someone needs to come back with an ID.