If you are looking for a link to an online resource you can use in Canvas:
Use the “Reading Lists” tool in your course’s Canvas site (at left, near the bottom of the list of course pages) to create a Reading List and then find the resource in JumboSearch. You do not need to add any additional proxy information for the link to function within the Canvas environment.
After clicking on “Reading Lists” at left for the first time:
- click on the “Create It” button at center bottom,
- then type a title for your list and click the “Create” button at right.
- Select a template: click on “Blank” (“Blank” is the only type currently available).
After clicking on “New Section” (or selecting an existing section):
- type a title for your section and click the “Create” button at right.
Click on “+” (plus sign at right) to open a search window:
- search for the online resource;
- click the blue "ADD" button associated with the desired resource.
If you are looking for a link to an online resource you can use outside of the Canvas environment:
For journal articles and book chapters:
Find the permanent URL (permalink) or DOI.
- Tip: It is usually located in the article or chapter header or in the citation (especially for MLA format)
- Tip: A DOI is a digital object identifier. It is a standard format for permanent URLs. Most DOIs look something like this: doi:10.1038/nphys1170 or doi:10.1002/0470841559.ch1.
Add the following proxy information to the front of the link: https://login.ezproxy.library.tufts.edu/login?url=
put the permanent URL or DOI into the Tufts Libraries’ Automatic Proxy Link Generator (below).
For other online resources (including journals, databases, and websites):
- If there IS a permanent URL or DOI, follow the instructions for journal articles and book chapters.
If there ISN'T a permanent URL or DOI, use the link in the address bar of your browser.
- Tip: This link might not be as stable (persistent) as a permanent URL or DOI and should be verified on a regular basis.
Then, add the following proxy information to the front of the link: https://login.ezproxy.library.tufts.edu/login?url=
use the Tufts Libraries’ Automatic Proxy Link Generator (below).
- If your resource is in the Tisch Library database list, you can also right-click on the resource title and copy that link. No additional proxy information is needed.
 Adding proxy information to a link requires members of the Tufts community to provide their Tufts credentials to demonstrate that they have authorization to access the resource through Tufts Libraries. Without this proxy information, members of the Tufts community who try to access the resource off-campus will be unable to do so.