1. Navigate to the Reading List tool in your Canvas course site. To add a chapter, click on the blue ‘plus’ sign.
2. Search for the book from which you would like to have chapters provided.
3. In the search results, scroll down until you find the correct book, and click once on the title.
4. After the book has been highlighted, extra buttons will appear. Click on ‘Add & Edit’.
5. In this screen, you can specify which chapters you would like by clicking on the drop-down menu next to ‘Type’ and selecting ‘Book chapter’.
6. Enter a title for the chapter in the ‘Chapter title’ field. If you’re not sure of the exact title, you can name the chapter it’s number (for example, ‘Chapter 7’).
7. After you have added any extra information that might be important for library staff to know, select ‘Save’. The chapter has been added to your Reading List, and library staff will be automatically notified of your request.