Tisch Library has decided to cancel the 2020 Tisch Library Undergraduate Research Awards.
Due to lower than usual application numbers, and a sense that our community is distracted by larger events, we think it best to focus on other priorities.
Tisch Library offers awards to recognize outstanding undergraduate use of the library’s collections and services to produce an exemplary research project.
All formats are eligible, including but not limited to research papers, videos, audio projects, posters, presentations, lab manuals, inventions, and business plans.
A first prize of $500 and a second prize of $250 are awared to projects in the following categories:
- First-year writing program (ENG 1-4, Philosophy 2, or any course taken to fulfill the college writing requirement)
- 001-099 level courses
- 100-199 level courses
- Independent Research Efforts
Winners Can Also
- Attend a celebratory lunch and a research poster exhibit at Tisch Library on Friday, April 17, 2020
- Submit their projects for inclusion in the Tufts Digital Library
- Consult with data librarians to learn how to share data on Dataverse (for winning entries that include quantitative research)
Who Is Eligible
- All undergraduate students who are registered through the end of Spring 2020 are eligible
- Projects completed any time in 2019 or Spring 2020 are eligible
- Group projects are eligible (prizes will be split equally among group members)
How to Apply
1) Complete Application, attaching your:
- Completed Project, with Bibliography
- Research Process Essay: A 500‐750 word essay that describes your research strategies as well as your use of library collections and services (consult the Essay Guidelines for a detailed explanation of this essay)
2) Recommendation: Your course instructor or project advisor will need to recommend your application (be sure to ask early enough to ensure that your instructor or project advisor sends in the form by the deadline)
Application Deadline: March 15, 2020
Complete applications including recommendations must be submitted by the deadline. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Evaluation Rubric and More Questions
- See our Evaluation Rubric for details about how the applications will be reviewed
- See our FAQ for more detail
- Feel free to contact the committee with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2020 Selection Committee: Bev Gobiel, Chao Chen, Elliot Brandow (chair), Jennifer Ferguson, Kylie Burnham, Lauren McKinney (ex officio)