This page has the most up-to-date information about using Tisch, Lilly and the SMFA libraries this year. Please check back regularly for updates.
Updated July 6, 2021
Tisch Library and Lilly Music Library reopen to the public on Monday, June 14, 2021. Tufts requires that all individuals, whether vaccinated or not, continue to wear masks indoors, refrain from eating in the library except for in reserved rooms.
Tisch Library Access for the public and the Tufts community
Sunday-Saturday, 7:45am – 9:00 pm
All library visitors will need to:
- Wear masks in the library
Refrain from eating in the library
Exception: eating is allowed in group study rooms and meeting rooms booked through Reserve Tufts
- Make appointments for online consultations
- Get course reserves online in Canvas
- Arrange online for large-format printing and other Digital Design Studio services
The following resources and services are available:
Updated July 6, 2021
- Scanning of printed materials in Tisch, Lilly, and the SMFA Libraries (aka Scan & Deliver)
- Borrowing physical materials through interlibrary loan and via inter-campus borrowing.
- Placing requests for books, DVDs and CDs held at Tisch Library for pick-up at Tisch Library. Requests can be placed via JumboSearch.
- Self-checkout of books and DVDs via kiosks or the Tufts Library Mobile Checkout app
- Mail delivery of physical material to Arts, Sciences & Engineering faculty, staff, students and affiliates in the continental United States
- Remote Research Support via chat, email, and zoom is available Monday-Thursday, 9am-9pm and Friday, 9am-5pm
- Virtual Research Consultations with specific subject librarians and experts
- Electronic resources, such as journals and databases. More information about connecting from off campus.
- Ordering ebooks. Please contact your subject librarian or use the Recommend a Purchase Form. Our default will be to order the book as an e-book unless you indicate you'd prefer print in the notes field. Not all books are available for purchase by libraries in an electronic format (e.g. textbooks, popular fiction on Kindle), but we will do our best.
- Electronic Reading Lists are available through the Canvas Reading List tool.
- The Digital Design Studio has support for working with media remotely.
- StAAR Center support is available remotely.
- Data Lab support is available remotely.
- Digital Collections & Archives support is available remotely.
The following are not available:
- Printed course reserves.
- Contactless patio pick-up.
- Seat and carrel reservations.
- Recall of materials.
- HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Program has ended.
If you have questions, comments, or concerns about library services, please contact us.
For the latest updates and guidance from Tufts University, please visit coronavirus.tufts.edu.