Library staff can provide you with expert help and services if you are studying or working remotely. We are ready to help.
If you have any materials borrowed from the library, please keep them for now. Please be assured that overdue fines/late fees will not be charged for any items, including interlibrary loan materials, calculators, and reserve materials. All due dates for Tufts Libraries materials will be extended past the start of the fall semester. This process will take some time to complete. Please ignore due dates for all materials while we work to resolve this issue.
The following resources and services are available (updated March 24, 2020):
- Remote Research Support via chat, email, and zoom is available Monday-Friday, 9am-7pm
- Virtual Research Consultations with specific subject librarians and experts
- Electronic resources, such as journals and databases. More information about connecting from off campus.
- Ordering ebooks. Please contact your subject librarian or use the Recommend a Purchase Form. Our default will be to order the book as an e-book unless you indicate you'd prefer print in the notes field. Not all books are available for purchase by libraries in an electronic format (e.g. textbooks, popular fiction on Kindle), but we will do our best.
- Electronic Reading Lists are available through the Canvas Reading List tool.
- The Digital Design Studio has support for working with media remotely.
- Academic Resource Center support is available remotely
- Data Lab support is available remotely
- Digital Collections & Archives support is available remotely.
The following are not available:
- On-site browsing or borrowing.
- Scanning of printed materials in Tisch & Lilly (aka Scan & Deliver) is suspended. Please contact your subject librarian about purchasing ebooks instead.
- Delivery of physical materials via interlibrary loan or inter-campus borrowing.
- Return of interlibrary loan materials to other libraries. Please ignore due dates for interlibrary loan materials and continue using them during the closure. Please return interlibrary loan materials when Tisch Library is open for business again.
Circulation policy changes during the closure:
- Overdue fines/late fees will be suspended for all items, including interlibrary loan materials, calculators, and reserve materials.
- All due dates will be extended past the start of the fall semester. This process will take some time to complete. Please ignore due dates for all materials while we work to resolve this issue.
- Locker contents will be preserved past the start of the fall semester.
- There will be no recall of materials.
If you have questions, comments, or concerns about library services, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the latest updates and guidance from Tufts University, please visit coronavirus.tufts.edu.