Updated May 11, 2021
Tisch Library is open to all Tufts students who are part of the COVID-19 surveilance testing program and all Tufts faculty and staff. AS&E students who are not enrolled in summer classes may test at 62R Talbot Ave (no appointment necessary) on they day they are using the library. All people coming to the library will need to:
• Tap into the library building with their Tufts ID or show the results of their COVID-19 Screening Survey
• Wear masks in the library
• Reserve individual seats or group study rooms to study
• Make appointments for online consultations
• Ask most questions via chat and email reference
• Refrain from eating in the library except for the Tower Cafe, group study rooms, and classrooms booked through Reserve Tufts
• Get course reserves online in Canvas
• Arrange online for large-format printing and other Digital Design Studio services
Group study room update (December 3, 2020): When not in use by classes, all classrooms and study rooms in the library have a maximum capacity of 1 occupant.
The Library is pleased to announce the addition of self-checkout stations and a self-checkout application, which will allow you to observe safe physical distancing measures while borrowing materials from the circulating collections in Tisch, Lilly and the SMFA Libraries.The Tufts Library Mobile Checkout app is available for iOS and Android through the App Store and Google Play. More info.
Mail Delivery Service
Tufts Arts, Sciences & Engineering faculty, staff, students and affiliates in the continental United States can request library materials from the Tisch, Lilly, and SMFA circulating collections to be delivered to them by UPS. More info.
Update on Online Only Course Reserves
During the fall semester, Tisch, Lilly, and SMFA Libraries course reserves will be online only. Please use the Canvas Reading List Tool or email email@example.com to submit requests. We are piloting a service to scan limited amounts of required reading for your Canvas course site while the COVID-19 crisis limits access to print reserves. More info.
The following resources and services are available:
Updated October 27, 2020
- Scanning of printed materials in Tisch, Lilly, and the SMFA Libraries (aka Scan & Deliver)
- Borrowing physical materials through interlibrary loan and via inter-campus borrowing.
- Placing requests for books, DVDs and CDs held at Tisch Library for pick-up at the Tisch Library Main Desk. Requests can be placed via JumboSearch.
- Mail delivery of physical material to Arts, Sciences & Engineering faculty, staff, students and affiliates in the continental United States
- Remote Research Support via chat, email, and zoom is available Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
- Virtual Research Consultations with specific subject librarians and experts
- Electronic resources, such as journals and databases. More information about connecting from off campus.
- Ordering ebooks. Please contact your subject librarian or use the Recommend a Purchase Form. Our default will be to order the book as an e-book unless you indicate you'd prefer print in the notes field. Not all books are available for purchase by libraries in an electronic format (e.g. textbooks, popular fiction on Kindle), but we will do our best.
- Electronic Reading Lists are available through the Canvas Reading List tool.
- The Digital Design Studio has support for working with media remotely.
- Academic Resource Center support is available remotely.
- Data Lab support is available remotely.
- Digital Collections & Archives support is available remotely.
The following are not available:
- Printed course reserves.
- Contactless patio pick-up.
- HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Program has ended.
Circulation policy changes during the closure:
- Overdue fines/late fees will be suspended for all items, including interlibrary loan materials, calculators, and reserve materials.
- There will be no recall of materials.
If you have questions, comments, or concerns about library services, please contact us.
For the latest updates and guidance from Tufts University, please visit coronavirus.tufts.edu.