- Bus and Subway Options
- Directions from Logan Airport and South Station bus & train terminal
- Transportation options from Davis Square
- Walking Directions from Davis square
- Walking Directions from the parking garage
Bus and Subway Options
The Red Line is the closest MBTA subway line to Tisch. Take the Red Line outbound to Alewife to the Davis square stop. You can take an MBTA bus or walk to Tisch (a 15-20 minute walk), or, during the fall and spring semester, take the Tufts shuttle bus.
Bus lines with stops close to Tufts are the #96, which stops at Harvard Square and Davis Square, and #94, which stops in Medford Square in Medford, and Davis Square in Somerville. Consult the MBTA website, or choose the "Public Transit" option on Google Maps to find good times and bus routes.
Directions from Logan Airport and South Station bus & train terminal
- From the airport: Board the Silver Line bus (route 1) at any terminal. Take the bus to South Station. From South Station, change to the Red Line (out bound to Alewife). Get off at Davis Square.
- From South Station bus and train terminals follow signs to the MBTA Red Line South Station subway train. Board a Red Line train (outbound to Alewife) and take it to Davis Square. Follow directions from Davis Square below.
Transportation options from Davis Square
- A short 15-20 minute walk on College Avenue
- Buses #94 and #96 from Davis Square will take you to campus
- Take the free Tufts shuttle bus which runs during the academic year. The shuttle stops at the Davis Square MBTA Bus Stop (College Ave. side) and at the Mayer Campus Center across the street from the Library.
Walking directions from Davis square
The easiest path to take is to head northeast on College Ave.
College Ave will lead you to the Powder House traffic circle. Be cautious here!
Walk around the traffic circle and pick up College Ave as it starts again, to the right of the Tufts University sign.
Follow College Ave past the athletic fields on your left.
Take a left on Professors Row. You'll see our library at the corner, but the entrance is on the northwest side of the building. Just a little farther!
The entrance is near the corner of Professor's Row and Latin Way.
Google map directions for walking from Davis Square.
Walking directions from the parking garage
Two options, each a 10-minute walk:
1. Exit garage and take a right onto Boston Ave.
At the set of lights, turn right, you are now on College Ave.
Take the first right on to Professors Row.
The main entrance to the Library is located across from the corner of Latin Way and Professors Row.
2. You can also exit Dowling Hall (parking garage) on the 7th floor and walk through the Quad Area.
Stay to the left of Goddard Chapel.
Go down the stairs near the Chapel, and you will come to the main entrance of the Library.