2019 Tisch Undergraduate Research Award Winners and their faculty sponsor, including Tufts University President Monaco, James Glaser, Dean of Arts and Sciences, Deborah Kochevar, Provost and Senior Vice President ad interim and Tisch Library Director, Dorothy Meaney.
Libraries are constantly evolving to meet new technology, research, and learning needs. The support we receive from alumni and friends is key to our ability to respond in a timely way to the continually growing needs of our students and faculty. Enhancements benefit both current and future Jumbos as they pursue research and create new knowledge.
Thanks to the generosity of alumni and friends, we have been able to:
- Sponsor the Tisch Undergraduate Research Award. This has become a signature program, spotlighting outstanding undergraduate use of the library’s collections, resources and services in the production of an exemplary research project.
- Continue our Textbook Reserve program, generating increased use and powerful student comments: “This is an amazing program. It has saved me a great deal of money, and as a student who needs to watch their finances carefully, this program was very, very helpful.”
- Add to unique collections across the disciplines.
- Purchase technology and equipment for students to use in the library, and to borrow.
- Support library leadership development, and staff development initiatives that strengthen our ability to foster an inclusive environment.
- Welcome new Jumbos each year with a lively and engaging open house during orientation.
We are deeply grateful for your support.