Tisch Library adopted a two-year plan (PDF) in the summer of 2021 to take action to eliminate structural inequalities in library systems and culture. The plan has five areas of focus:
- Center the experiences of underrepresented and marginalized communities.
- Enhance the diversification of Tisch Library’s physical and digital collections.
- Foster understanding and awareness among staff of structural inequalities in library systems and culture.
- Create and cultivate inclusive learning environments.
- Enhance staff diversity through recruitment, retention, and advancement.