Accountable for shelving books, periodicals, microforms, dvd’s, and/or government publications and for keeping materials in good order. After initial training period, follows established work routines and refers off-standard conditions to supervisor for instruction and/or solution.
- Putting materials in order on booktrucks by call number.
- Putting each book, periodical, microform, DVD, or government publication in its unique place in the book, periodical, DVD or government publications stacks or microform cabinets.
- Clearing up any disorder or overcrowding discovered while shelving; reporting the problem to the Stack Coordinator if extensive shifting is required.
- Shelfreading: i.e., systematically checking the order of books, periodicals, DVD's, or government publications in an assigned area in the stacks.
- Performing other duties as required (e.g., shifting projects; finding books).
Attention to detail. Ability to push full booktruck (three shelves of books on each side of the truck).
Timeframe: Summer 2017: May 15 – September 1.
Hours per Week: 6 to 20 - Multiple positions available for 6-20 hours/week for timeframes consistent with applicant’s availability. Work hours are generally between 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday - Friday.
Apply for this job
Fill out a job application form.